WordPress what is it ?
WordPress is a free and open-source content management system based on PHP & MySQL . IT contains thousands of plugins and templates power a flexible and simple interface, which reduces development costs and deployment time.
It is one of the most popular content management and blog publishing application on the web today it was first released in 2003 as a basic blog engine and but has become a full featured and a fully customized website creation tool used by millions of individual ,organization and businesses around the world.It is open source meaning that all its coding files are free to use ,customize and enhance .
All over the web today WordPress powers extremely elaborate, creative and co-operate, simple blogs and everything in between. Its powerful features include templating systems thousands of Free plugins, search engine friendly link structures, ETC.
For business, WordPress is an extremely versatile system that helps to manage content, engage in social media, perform well in search engines and minimizes the costs.
Pros and Cons
- Plugins: Plugins are going to be a big help especially when you are using word press it help you in a lot of ways. Usually, Plugins are really hard to use but in wordpress, it is a lot easier moreover you have thousands of plugins to choose from free and paid.
- eCommerce sites: eCommerce sites are being more and more popular as the day passes by more people are buying things online as it is much easier to order it online than to roam around trying to find exactly what we want
- Forums: You can easily turn your WordPress site into a forum by just using plugins. A forum is an online discussion site where people can hold conversations in the form of posted messages.
- Low cost : WordPress comes with a roster of good themes which are free also have a paid ones which to be honest is worth the investment
- Updates: Installing the available updates is an important way to keep your WordPress site performing at it’s best as well as protecting your site from potential threats
- Vulnerability: As it is an open source platform which helps to share your idea’s your plugins but also opens a door to a possibility that your site might be hacked
- Performance: Some themes have a lot of codes which requires the computer to process a lot of things which might hamper the performance of your device
- Customization : As you know there are a lot of themes on WordPress to choose but not all themes are free as once a wise man said “If you are good at something never do it for free “so customizing your site can be expensive
Wordpress is the most popular Content management system (CMS) in the world. As a result a lot of people are already familiar with WordPress as it is not only designed for programmers but also can be used by the people who don’t really code because making a blog is easier in WordPress.
Wordpress powers about 30.21% of the total website in the world. It is by far the most used Content management system in the world (CMS).
Popular websites powered by wordpress
There is a whole host of top-notch website made by WordPress and some of them are listed below :